"Holy Job Interviews, Batman!!!"

I gotta call yesterday that went to voicemail...

It was from a place I applied to online at the end of December during the dry spell, they FINALLY got around to calling me.

They want to interview me MONDAY...

Wow.

Is this the out I've been looking for?

Or will this place be just as fucked as where I'm at now?

Work's been stabilized for the moment. This'll be the 2nd week in a row I worked a full 35 hours with no OT, there's been JUST ENOUGH works to squeak by...

We still got the so-called BIG JOB PART TWO from Pfizer, the 700 boxes, BUT as they are checking them it and divvying up what the client wants to actually be scanned, of the first 100 or so FOUR boxes have been approved and set up.

FOUR...

SHYYYYT!

At THIS rate the 700 will dwindle down to 50!, WTF!

SO while researching this OTHER company, I gather some questions to throw at them back when they're done with me.

*Is YOUR workload consistant?

*Do ya'll believe in "Cross-Training" BS?

*Will I ACTUALLY Scan or my task will be determined when I start?

*How involved are we in the whole process? (Do we do EVERYTHING?, Check-In, Doc Prep, Scan, QC, OCR Cleanup, Burn, Re-Prep and send back...etc, etc...)

*What Machines do you use? (Cuz I'm tired of these broken down models...)

*If I work Weekends which days during the week would I have off? (Cuz this Mondays & Tuesdays thing HAS spoiled me...)

*Do we have to work EVERY f'ing weekend? Even if there's little work?

The place is on the opposite side of where I'm at, over on 46th and Seventh. It would be nice to be back on the West Side and not dealing with the Shuttles and crap to get to Grand Central. Salary is 10-12 an hour depending on experience, shyt I'm worth 15, but I'll take at least 11 and prove myself in time...I don't want them to expect TOO much of me.

I just want a basic, simple, reliable scanning position. Everlasting work, no drama, no dry spells with 4-Hour work days, no cross training to make me a copy operator or paper-pusher...Just let me sit on my ass, scan pages, look at the screen, and listen to my music...can I freaking do that for 8 hours a day at 12.00 an hour?, Huh?!?!?!

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    i would hope so. especially in nyc.

    good luck on monday.

    and look at you go posting almost all this week. good for you. and good for us.

    i'm getting tired of blogging...i may take a breaksy.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Les said…

    I KNOW!...LOL...I've noticed, in the past 2 years, I do more entries in January and February than the rest of the year!

    There's SO much goin on, and SO I wanna say!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger ac said…

    Good luck with the interview Jetman! Or was that yesterday?
    Sorry, I'm a little confused. I hope you get your dream job for $$$ you can be happy with. You deserve it! ac

     

Post a Comment

<< Home