"If you're happy, I guess I'm Happy...'

My mother got her notice, today.

After 10 years of service, they're letting her go with a severance package and giving her the go-ahead to claim unemployment insurance.

Her last day is the 31st.

And she couldn't be happier.

She's been loathing every single day for the last 3 or 4 years and since they announced her company going up for sale, she's been waiting for her "Downsizing" with baited breath.

Meanwhile, I feel terrible AND worried.

I should be supporting her by now...

She's 59 years old, she shouldn't be working now...

I should be paying our rent on our own somehow and she should preparing for social security and retirement

I've been such a failure in life.

I really have to do something.

She says her package is nice due to her experience and the amount due to her from unemployment should be enough to still pay the rent.

She's so happy, she's making all these plans to get more involved (or should I say, "Butting In") Psycho-Lesbo Sis's crazy existence...

I almost wanted to cry while on the phone with her on my break from work...

I really need to do something.

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    when you're done having a pity party for yourself, think about this...she'll have time to travel-

    travel = mom out of the house.

    mom out of the house = booty calls.

    booty calls will lift your spirit.

    but i'm glad your momma is happy....maybe she'll find just a part time job and have a good time.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger ac said…

    Be happy for MOM. She has worked a long time and it's time for MOM to have some down time. As for you, everything will fall into place for you. 2008 is the year of the Jet Man! Count on it! Hugs to you and pinches on the cheek... and all that other annoying stuff. HA!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    ...uh, Mama Firestarter is 75 and still driving a school bus everyday!

    I'd like to retire by 59 but I'll be dead before then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home