"I'm a fuckin' race car In the Red...it's fuckin dangerous to have a race car in the fuckin' red, I can blow!"

*sigh*

I JUST spent this weekend working 25 HOURS, out of 48. Normally, I'd only work 16, 2 days...8 hours each, getting PAID for 7, out of 48. But this time I work TWENTY FIVE, thats more than HALF.

Friday, after yet another DRY SPELL since the holidays (Thanksgiving AND Christmas) we get a job of 290 boxes from Pfizer that supposedly has to be done in 11 days. Another "GREAT WALL OF CHINA" job, I call it...due to the fact the boxes are stacked and lined up down the middle of the room. This time, they had to be stacked OUTSIDE the office against the wall in the hallway...

SO, with the gun placed to our heads, OT was authorized.

The work itself, is also difficult (As always), the work that always had to be done YESTERDAY is always the most taxing. There are issues graphic and image quality-wise, everyone's a bit rusty due to the layover...AND, we've also become short on staff...

Everybody's bailing out like an episode of "Prison Break", no one likes to be underpaid AND dealing with lack of work.

So, like what we once did before going to the "Production" side and helping the Copy Operators...The Copy Operators are coming over to our side to "help" and it's just making things worst.

Then, there's the conflict in-between shifts, 1st Shift staying over into OUR shift and butting heads and Our Shift intermingling with 3rd Shift. Let's just say we're not exactly the "Get Along Gang"...

NONE OF THIS had driven me over the edge, thou...

I'm used to the OT, working 12-15 hours straight, coming home in the wee hours, just to sleep for 5 and go back to do it all again...THAT IS NOTHING NEW!

IT'S this gaddamn, fuckin MONEY!

The extra amount sitting my Checking Account.

It was really fuckin with my nerves.

I should have left it alone, I should have waited till the end of today...

I had almost accepted that it was HIS way of cutting me a break. Some sort of KARMA for all I've been through. Helping out others who in turn played with my emotions and treated me wrong. Took advantage of my kindness, noticing how I'm the type of person who would JUST give a single to someone asking for change of a five to go to the vending machine. Someone who would give his last piece of candy to someone, without thinking of myself...

Part of me really believed it was just a mistake and no one would notice...

BUT I knew better.

I'm just glad I held SOME restraint and was able to compensate where needed be.

After checking my account for yet the umpteenth time, at 1:30 I went down to staples and brought 250gb backup hard-drive for all the videos and music I've been downloading as of late.

I thought about around chirstmas.

I really should have waited, I don't know WHAT I was thinking...

within a HALF hour of coming home, I finally got a call from The CHIEF, they realized the mistake and plan to fix the account that was added.

I sighed...

Part of me wanted to go right back to staples and return the damn thing...I was so stupid...

It was a little over a hundred dollars, so I decided to jus take a cash advance of 80 and put it in the account to hopefully cover the transaction in time.

If it gets overdrawn and I face penalty bank fees, I'm really gonna let the job have it.

My account isn't some damn Money Till that they can play with, what kind of professionalism is this?

It's all my fault, I should of known better...

A guy like me doesn't get any breaks in life.

I feel so really stupid now, but I feel a lesser person would have took the money instantly and ran to Atlantic City or something...At least I waited a bit and only got that thing cuz it was such a nice day and I worked all that OT this weekend...

This whole thing is really working on my nerves, my hands keep shaking every couple of hours...

I keep thinking back to 2004 back up in Westchester working in the Enrollment Department for Health Insurance...when the job made me snap and I had the breakdown on the bus going home...

I do not do well under extreme stress. I guess I could never be an Air-Traffic Controller or something...

I cannot believe work is interfering with my mental state like this, why can I have a simple normal life with a stable non-fluctuating career and no problems at home? When did things get so FUCKING hard and out of control all of the sudden?

My gauges are at the max right now...I am in the Fuckin' Red.

Comments

6 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    okay well, at least one stressful thing is settled-the money is out of your account and they realized it. hopefully you won't have any problems with the over drafts etc...

    sorry your work is stressin' you out. i use to work those 12 hour shifts and come home and still had to be a mom, so i can totally empathize with you on how you're feelin'. it's overwhelming to say the least at times.

    but think of the paycheck when it comes and you'll have extra money to go to florida with and have a good time.

    just keep florida in your head and before you know it you'll be on vacation to someplace warm away from the great wall of china and all those people bringing you down. [family and coworkers]

    keep your eyes up and don't get bogged down...you'll be okay. and if you feel like you're gonna snap again, well then that's the day my friend you take a sick day cause trust me, if they knew you were gonna lose it, they wouldn't want ya there either.

    just breathe...and back up your movies and music. maybe you'll find something you forgot about...

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger ac said…

    Isn't it always the way! The minute we think we're in the clear we get smacked down. Don't let this get to you. Take that sick day if you must. Just keep your eyes on the prize... Floreedah! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this works out in the least painful way possible.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Anocsanamun said…

    RElax, relate, release... dont let anyone or thing take you out like that... You are living a great life right now.... First and foremost you live In NYC a place country bumpkins everywhere would ENVY you for just cause... You are not in a shelter, on welfare or in the middle of some baby daddy drama war. Your a single guy in NY. Ass is at your fingertips, you get it more often then most - there are hermits who get NONE FOR YEARS - and here you are with weekend getaways... I dont like people usign you - and you know whats done is done - chalk it up to having paid your idiot tax... Those girls will get theres for using you the way they did one day - dont stress over things you cant take back - build on NOW.

    So what if your bank acct is in the red? Don't do it again, let your job know to stop the nonsense - and any charges incrued make them pay for. Tell them they through off your accting. YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU BOUGHT - TREAT YOURSELF they way you are trying to treat these women. What relax's you? There is no reason to be stressed... Your going to fla in how long? Hmmm... ever think the lord is kinda intervening in his own way - givng you a break with all this work... I mean think about it - if it doesnt get done is anyones blood on your hands? And let me see - what is the worse they will do - FIRE YOU? I mean havent you been fired before? I hate being broke and no one wants to be fired but baby - what I am trying to say is if you survived it last time, wont you survive it this time? Be fired with kids biting ur ankles hungry for food. Be fired owing uncle sam millions, be fired and have someone offer you a sweet plan to rob a bank - THOSE ARE reasons to be stressed to the hilt. Papi, you need to relax yourself... acknowledge that everything is relative and you know what - FORCE THE WORLD TO EXCERSIZE PATIENCE and RELEASE every negative Karmic cell you have into the world and enjoy life-we are only on this ride once... stop looking back to see who else is abotu to get on and enjoy the rollercoaster drop.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    i so like her...Anocsanamun--listen to her. she sounds like a smart cookie.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    oooohhhhh it's irene.

    i remember her....


    *long time no see round these parts irene!!!*

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger Les said…

    God, you guys are great! So supportive, it seems like when life throws me these curves, people like you turn my head to the direction the balls heading.

    Thank you all so much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home