"The Killing Joke" aka "The day Laughter Died"

I spent all day today catching up on "The Wire" and cleaning up my hard drive.

I looked at Seasons 3 and 4 of DVD because the first few episodes of Season 5 have confused the shyt outta me. (But damnit if this show ain't been so GOOD!)

Then I cleaned up the hard drive, backing most of the downloads and media and erasing a whole lotta of unnecessary crap.

I even deleted all those LOVELY pictures of VIX...finally. (Rest assured THEM shyts got backed up, thou!). I erased movies I burned on Rewritable DVD's only to download NEW movies and more TV Shows (Damn, I'm a DOWNLOADING FIEND!!!)

I really need to do a post on how to do this because it's becoming VERY VERY addicting. You start to treat your PC like its Tivo and Download EVERY lil show you missed!

MOM came home at 5:30 and she told me about some rumors she heard in her office about
Heath Ledger being dead.

"The Joker?!?!" I said, "No WAY!"

I then went to yahoo and confirmed it.

Wow.

Talk about outta Left Field...

He was found dead in Soho at 3:30 in the morning. Just like that...

He was ONLY 28 years old. That's younger than me!

I remember him from "The Patriot", and of course "Brokenback Mountain".

But he was also gonna be the new JOKER in "The Dark Knight" with Christian Bale returning as BATMAN.

Lucky enough he finished the film...I wonder if it was his last role.

Damn.

So unexpected.

I remembered a lotta fans didn't think he had the balls to OUT-Joker Jack Nicholson...someone had asked Director Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Prestige, Batman Begins) why Ledger got the role, in which he simply replied.

"Because he's Fearless."

That about sums it up.

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home