"Whatta Rip-Off!!!"



Oh MY GOD! 2008 is starting off on the expensive tip!

The price of EVERYTHING is going UP!

A slice of pizza was on average 1.50 to 1.80 from Uptown to Midtown...

Now you're paying 2.00-2.25

Candy from a deli or newsstand use to 50 to 65 cents, TOPS

Now we're paying 75 to at least 90 fricken cents! for TWIX!!

A movie, you're paying anything from 9 to 11 dollars, now it JUST went up to 12!

This is BULLSHIT!

SO, after hype and marketing along with mystery, I decided to go see "Cloverfield" today.

This movie piqued my curiosity when I saw the trailer in front of "Transformers" last summer.

The idea of a "Blair Witch" type account of New York City during a monster attack in the wake of a farewell party seemed interesting.

In the end, I was treated to shaky camera theatrics, unknown actors portraying lame characters you care nothing for, and a monster whose presence is NEVER explained.

Not for nothing, if "Blair Witch" didn't exist, and this was the first of its kind, it would have stood out. But the films ENTIRE presentation reeks of it's predecessor, you jus sit in the theater when its over and want to demand your money back.

Believe me, I heard about 10 people ACTUALLY say that as they filed out.

THIS MOVIE STOLE time AWAY from me, time I could have used elsewhere...

I've seen some BAD movies in my day, "Batman and Robin", "Highlander:Endgame", "Mystic River", etc, etc...but this goes in the history books and THE WORST movie, ever.

THIS is WHY I DOWNLOAD MOVIES from the internet, this reason, right here...and this is why I will CONTINUE to do so.

To think they can honesty charge 12 dollars for, for...that unspeakable piece of crap is offensive and insulting.

I feel SO unclean.

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger ac said…

    So... what you're saying is ... you didn't much care for it? HA!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Adam wanted to go see this movie this weekend [because if you're going to see a movie opening weekend is key, correct?] anyways, I told him we had to wait til I talked to you because I knew you were going before work on Friday and you'd give me the 411 on it.

    I'm glad you posted your review, but sorry it was such a suck hole for ya. Bummer. So they never explained what exactly it was huh? I assumed it was some sort of godzilla type monster thing. And not that I'm into Godzilla and that's why I wanted to go, just that was my take from hearing the "screaming" of whatever it was through the dark city streets.

    I haven't seen a trailer for a movie I've wanted to see for a long time. The entertainment industry is falling apart. Jet you seriously need to get to work on writing something and this is a good time with the strikes. [sadly]

    I love TWIX bars. I don't really care for the pb Twix as much as the regular caramel ones. Love those. I can eat a mini one a day and not get sick. I don't, but when I have PMS-they're the ticket. LOL.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    1) 90 cents for a Twix bar? That's damn cheap.

    2) $12 for a movie? That used to be the price up here....a few years ago.

    3)Cloverfield is already the #1 movie this weekend with almost $20 million after a day or something.

    4) If they don't explain the monster they have an excuse to make Cloverfield 2.....

    5) Actually, one of the worst movies EVER was Napoleon Dynamite. I rented the DVD and was very tempted to ask for my money back.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Anthony said…

    So, it's safe to say that we officially disagree on "Cloverfield". There's a review over at my place.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home