"CounterOffer!!!!"

Wow.

Jus when I thought I didn't matter...

The Chief pulls me over for a private chat and asks me which firm I was leaving to and how much they're offering.

Apparently, I'm more valuable than they lead me on to be!

She asked me what would it take to make me stay...

Me being the HUMBLE MORON I was, I told them they tried to offer me 10, but upped it to 10.50...BUT seeing how I was at 9 and JUST got to 9.50, I decided to stick with 10 (There are people working in that office that were there for 14 months JUST to get that!).

They agreed, and decided to KEEP my next review for March still, so it might go to the original 10.50...

And I stay here with some seniority rather than starting over.

All I really wanted was some more money anyway...I guess.

I like it here. The work is flowing a bit now, but you never know...

I wonder how this other place will reply to the news...

Maybe they're go up again...maybe to 11, or 12?

Geez, I feel like I'm on eBay...

STILL, it's nice to feel wanted for a change...

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    oh no you didn't do that right.
    you should have told them before your last day you wanted the raise now.

    no waiting game. cause what happens if they dont give you a raise in march and you let the other job go??

    dude, it's time to play hardball..and besides you're never gonna get a place of your own making 10.50 an hour-time to kick it up a notch.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    p.s.
    you're worth way more than you give yourself credit for.

    dude, snap out of it. stand up straight-look 'em in the eye and tell 'em what you need...you got needs that aren't being fulfilled.

    have your people call my people-i'll hook a brother up.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger ac said…

    omg.... a bidding war over our very on Jet. How kewl is that!

    What Kimmyk said. (she's good!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home