"The heat is on!"

Have you even avoided cooking on a hot day because you didn't want to turn on the stove? I mean peanut butter sandwiches and cold cereal can't cut it sometimes! And I've been having take out (Pizza or McDonnalds) too many times! Today was the exception, though, it was just killer this afternoon. Damn if my niece didn't finish the ice cream sandwiches, too!

Fortunately, the little terror and mom were out there in the smoldering heat all day (Some kind of party or function). I used to time to reseach the internet for more TV Screenwriting Contest. This is the time when they get announced, and I'm on the mission of pushing my TV show to the Network Spotlight!

I also worked on the BLOG a bit, I might add the cast info and various pieces of dialogue next. I've been getting a few curious requests for the pilot script, but I'm still a bit hesitant about sending it out. While I love an honest, stranger's opinion, I'm still sensitive about putting my blood, sweat, and tears out there.

When mom came back, we got a call from her distant cousin who also lives in our building. She's always driving mom out to jersey to go shopping, so tonight she offered for a late evening run to shop-rite for some groceries. I decided to tag along for the hell with it. I've haven't seen this distant cousin in awhile and I wanted to thank her for trying to help me out during my job search A while Back.

When we got to the parking lot of the supermarket, I asked Cousin PAT about an old friend that ironically works for her.

"How's my dear friend, REBEL, doing these days?"

PAT groans, "Oh, she's fine, LES. Lemme ask you something?"

"Yes?"

"While you worked with her in the law firm scanning documents, did um, guys, um buy her things and stuff?"

"You mean, did she use men to get what she wanted?" I asked.

"Yes, did she?"

I nodded, "She was know for attracting a LOT of affection from guys."

PAT nodded in disgust, apprently she's still at it....

"Well," I added "She's a very beautiful woman..." Which was true because I even had a crush on her, well a little...there was another girl on the job that I was head over heels for, Crystal Wells. She was a weird tomgirl who wore her hair in pigtails and always wore a tight army fatigues t-shirt with some cut jeans and timberland boots. She was a stick figure who looked like she could kick ass, but those damn pig tails made me melt (Almost like that black guitar playing singer in those coco-cola comercials!), but enough about Crystal, REBEL was pretty and out of some weird twist of fate after we parted ways, she ends up working with PAT.

PAT asked why I haven't tried to get reaquainted with REBEL through her since they go out all the time and sometimes she asks about me. I smiled and replied, "I'll always be a friend from a distance with her because I don't want to end up like one of THOSE men."

And plus, I was much...BETTER looking back then compared to now, seeing REBEL would do more harm than good.

It IS nice that I'm on her mind, thou...and I have to admit, I think of REBEL the minute mom mentions, PAT.

We did our shopping and headed back to the city.

I did some more writing on EPISODE 4 (I'm almost done!) and then went to bed.

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home