"The 10-Day Birthday Celebration...a Review"

This year, turning 32 meant something and it was time to celebrate in style. So I decided to spread the festivities over a span of 10 days. And here's what I did...

MONDAY, the 17th - I ventured out to Weehawken, NJ to purchase a new Digital Camera. I got lost for awhile, but eventually found the guy, my new camera feels as heavy as a paperweight, takes FOUR freakin double A batteries, comes with a remote (For SPECIAL pics!) and a instruction manual the size of a college textbook! All in all, it seemed very worth the 40 bucks, especially since it probably went for 150 a few years ago.

TUESDAY, the 18th - I also saw PM Dawn perform live on MONDAY so that worked as an event for this day.

WEDNESDAY, the 19th - I went to Barnes and Noble to get the Latest Foxtrot book, "And when she opened the closet all the clothes were made of Polyester"

THURSDAY, the 20th - I went to the Dentist, That doesn't seem like much, but it's been a VERY long time since I've been, PLUS I have no insurance, this is a step in self-improvement.

FRIDAY, the 21st - I went to the movies and saw "Resident Evil:Extinction", great movie, went back to the Video Game elements similar to Part 1, but the ending was a bit over the top...plus there was a familiar feel of "Alien:Resurrection". I was also pissed that Ashanti only lasted 10 minutes into the damn thing!

SATURDAY, the 22nd - Went on a clothing shopping spree at Casual Men XL, brought 3 slacks and around 7 shirts!

SUNDAY, the 23rd - The eagles beat the everlovin' snot outta the Lions scoring 56 POINTS! I consider that an early B-Day gift!

MONDAY, the 24th - Bjork Concert at MSG, good seat, but really annoying audience members that kept going SOMEwhere and standing, one crazy ass chick sitting in front of me kept whipping her hair back and snapping at my arm!

TUESDAY, the 25th - Me and the fam, went Bowling at Harlem Lane, things started rough because Psycho-Lesbo-Sis brought on of Baby Girl's friends to tag along and it was supposed to be a family affair. LUCKILY, the teeny-bopper clerk got mezmerized by Lesbo-Sis throwing her hair back and charged us for 3 children, rather than 2. While playing, Sis shows off the advantages of working in central park...meeting celebrities! This chick has a picture in her camera phone of her and ASTON KUTCHER! ANYhoo...I bowled a dismal 48 the first game, then warmed up to a mediocre 72 after. The place was nice, I really wanna get into bowling on the regular, I just gotta get better at it!

WEDNESDAY, the 26th - "See Post Titled "Toys in Babeland" for this entry"

Which leads to Today...

and I'll probably do nothing. I finally made 500 hours, so I did the paperwork yesterday to become a permanent hire. When things get serious and mom takes her package from the job, I might consider working another part-time job to make ends meet. Bottom line, I like this job, it's comfortable, but it's not paying well and the work is fluctuating. However, if the work politics goes south, I'll roll no matter what. There are other factors at play that I have to consider (Like how to maintain a serious possible relationship when I'm barely paying the bills as it is...), all in all...it is what it is...

PEACE!

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger ac said…

    I'm happy to hear you've been celebrating for the past 9 days. I was afraid you'd let 32 pass with nothing but a little apprehension.
    It sounds like you've celebrated in true Jet style! If I could give you something for your birthday it would be a big ole' hug and a set of Kurt Vonnegut Jr. books. I think you would enjoy them. You write a little like Kvj.

    Happy Birthday Jet.
    Long my you roll!

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    happy birthday!
    the way you been posting pics up in here i half expected to see you in your birthday suite.

    sounds like you've been doin it up right...good for you!

    I didn't know you were seeing bjork again so soon. what's that make twice in a year?

    i hope this is a good year for you jet...you deserve it.

    hope you enjoyed your day!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    hey, the camera-you have NO excuses for not taking photos. is the thing you're holding in your hand [errr that didn't sound good] is that the remote? i thought maybe you snapped that with your web cam...cool. you need to take us on another picture walk around town with your new snazzy camera.

    and one more thing-get use to baby girl taking a friend with her when she goes-little girls come in twos most of the time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home