"Title Quotes of 2005!"

Ed. Note: "This post originally was created 12/29/2005 and would be placed there posthumously, but then NO ONE would probablly read it, so what with all that's been happening the last 24 humilating hours, I'd figured this would be an ideal place to finally insert it in...enjoy, and keep reading!"


First off, I took off the Library flashback entries. I was rambling on too long about the whole thing and I don't think anyone showed interest. SO, here's the SHORT, SHORT, SHORT, version...

Basically, I was fooling around with the computers too much, developed and primitive emailing system that everybody took up doing. Got involved in a football pool which backfired when one of particpants dropped a dime on me when the Library 5-0 put the heat on him. The snitch gave me on a recorded phone tap (Illegal by the way) and I was caught by the balls. A big case ensued, lots of people with their jobs on the line, I tried to save them all and take the blow myself, it didn't work, everybody got fired, including me. The End, snitch is still working in the system...the year was 1996, haven't been back their since, been afraid to re-apply.

Now that THAT's outta the way, on with the show...

Since the first entry the majority of my entry titles have been taken from quotes in movies, tv shows, or even songs. For those who haven't noticed, I'd figure I'd point them out and reveal where they came from...

And it goes a little something like this...

"3-2-1, Let's Jam!" - ANY bebop fan would know this, Show intro right before the theme song picks up...
"This is your life...and it's ending one Minute at a Time" - Brad Pitt aka Mr. Angelina Jolie (Jus Kiddin') said this line in "Fight Club".
"This is Jet Black speaking..." - A play on Keanu's line in the beginning of "CONSTANTINE", 2005's best movie overall.
"A Dream...A simple fantasy." - The opening line from "A Dream" a song from Mary J. Blige on the "Money Talks" Soundtrack.
"MARTY!!! It runs on STEAM!!!" - Christopher Lloyd as "Doc Brown" in "Back to the Future 3".
"Nothing like fresh Powder" - Vin Diesel in "XXX" after the snowboarding stunt.
"I know Kung-Fu" - Umm, if you don't know where this is from, you're either 10 or 90! But just in case, Keanu in "The Matrix".
"Live from the Ed Sullivan Studio..." - In the sprit of the Top 15, this line is the intro to David Letterman's Late Night Top 10 Lists.
"There no need to argue, Parents just don't Understand!" - Famous Will Smith rap song back when he was The Fresh Prince.
"Before you die, you see The Ring" - Pretty self explanitory tagline from the original movie "The Ring"
"The color of the pen, I hold in my hand, is Rrrrrrrrr...." - Jim Carrey, trying to tell a lie in "Liar, Liar".
"Emotional Rollercoster" - R&B song by Vivian Green.
"Oh, it's raining again..." - Line from one of MOBY's new songs on his latest album, "Hotel".
"I'm Back, I'm Back!!!!" - Tobey Maguire in "Spider Man 2".
"If these walls could talk..." - The HBO movie that was about women.
"My Hood" - A song by rapper Cam'ron.
"Act your age, Simpson! You look foolish!" - The first of MANY title quotes taken from "The Simpsons". This line was said by C. Montgomery Burns in Grandpa Simpson's Hellfish episode.
"I ain't dead, yet" - This was loosely from a line near the end of "Resident Evil" said by Michelle Rodriguez when Milla Jovovich thought she had changed to a zombie and was about to shoot her. (God, Michelle was freakin HOT in this movie!)
"Back in the game, now..." - As mentioned in the actual post, the title is a lyric from a Wu-Tang song featuring Ronald Isley aka "Mr. Bigs".
"I am sitting in the morning, the diner on the corner..." - The famous song to go with the pic (Which is gone, now!), Susan Vega's "Tom's Diner". Maybe I'll put it back if I can find it saved somewhere...
"You're looking at a free lunch, guys....come get it!...GRRROOOW" - Another Simpson's Quote, Homer's Sister-in-Law Selma when she made a Video Ad for a Singles Dating Agency.
"Boys will be Boys, Bad Boys, Bad Boys..." - The famous song by Miami Sound Machine, "Bad Boys" with Gloria Estefan.
"The last temptation of Jet" - Not that I wouls ever compare myself to christ, that's where the title comes from.
"Little man, you've had a busy Day." - This was an old 50's tune, I forgot who sang it.
"25th Hour" - The famous Spike Lee movie starring Edward Norton.
"I see the darkness appoaching, Neo..." - Another "Matrix" tribute.
"And now back our regulary scheduled Program..." - A line used in Network TV when they usually resume something after an important interuption.
"...or God is BOWLing!...With the pins, and the ball, and the little red arrows on the floor that SCARE me!" - Professor Frink from "The Simpsons", Glavin.
"Rome wasn't built in a day..." - Well, it wasn't, ya'll know the saying.
"Let's see if you bastards can do Ninety!!" - Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) challenges the Libyans in "Back to The Future".
"Mr. Hammond, the phones are working!" - Sam Neill's sarcastic line as he calls Richard Attenborough in "Jurrasic Park".
"Ahhhhh....Slow down, Baby..." - Jackie Chan's slow whisper as he spies Roselyn Sanchez undressing in "Rush Hour 2".
"So what do you want? An extension?" - Lucifer (Peter Stormare) in the movie "Constantine".
"A, E, I, Owe, U, an ASS WUPPIN'!!!" - One of Shaq's rare decient rap lyrics from the song "I know I got Skillz".
"Told you, I did...Reckless is She...Now, All is Lost..."That Girl's our last hope"...No, there is another..." - A turn off Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi's line in "Empire Strikes Back.
"To Jet on His 30th Birthday..." - Inspired by the famous Michelle Pfeiffer movie.
"Freeeedom!" - Infamous battlecry by Mel Gibson in "Braveheart".
"Beautiful." - This could of been anything, but I had in mind Trinity's line in "Matrix Revolutions" when Her and Neo they fly their ship through a level of dark clouds in the sky and see the real sun for perhaps their first time ever.
"That darn Cat!" - Famous Disney Movie.
"Oh My...It's a Mirage..." - Lyric from The Beastie Boys song "Sabotage".
"I found the cure for cancer and now I've Lost IT!" - As metioned IN the post, the line from the famous Sean Connery movie.
"Five O'Clock in da Mornin', Where ya gonna be? OUTSIDE ON THE CORNER!!!" - Famous rap chorus from the song "5 O'Clock", A hip hop one hit wonder by female rapper Nonchlant. This one brought a lot of attention because no one could remember where it came from...
"...now let us never speak of this again." - Repeated line from "The Simpsons".
"Pinciotti Scores, Hell freezes over, a monkey writes Shakespere!..." - Eric Foreman (Topher Grace) in "That 70's Show".
"Computer, Activate Self Destruct Sequence..." - Also mentioned in the post, Captain Janeway's (Kate Mulgrew) often repeated line in "Star Trek:Voyager".
"Ya can't keep a good dog down!" - An overall famous saying, thou I got the line from the movie "All dogs go To Heaven".
"Well it's not like spotting a bad Toupe" - Line from an episode of "Seinfeld" about knowing if there's a Virgin in the room to share a sex story with.
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..." - The infamous christmas song.
"Oh, Danny Boooooy!, The Pipes, the Pipes..." - Opening line from the irish tune "Danny Boy".
"This has been one of the most magical evenings of my life....I'm Horny....I don't know what you just said, but I'm sure it was beautiful." - Dialogue from the "Simpsons" episode where Homer breaks his jaw.
"BABIES!!!...They're Babies!....ARRRGH!" - Line spoken by The Shredder in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2:The Secret of the Ooze" when he finds out his mutants are a bit..SIMPLE minded.
"He's a chicken I tell ya! A Giant Chicken!" - This was a common line in a skit on "Animaniacs" featuring Chicken Boo, who was a big rooster who dressed up to pass off as being human.
"When I Cry, You Cry." - Chorus in the Ja-Rule rap ballad "I Cry".
"There's nothing funnier than the ridiculous faces you people make mid-coitus." - Alan Rickman's line in the movie "Dogma" about God's source of his sense of humor.
"You're not having any fun, are you Sean?" - Nicholas Cage's taunt to John Travolta in "Face/Off".
"So I creep, YEEAH! I just keep it on the down low." - Chorus from the TLC R&B song "Creep.".
"Back to the grill again, back to the Grill!" - Line from the very old rap song by MC Search.

*WHEW* what a list, I'm looking forward to 2006's...

Peace!!!!

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    You're like Rainman.

    I can't remember lines well one line I remember and it's always stuck with me.....

    "I gave you love and you didn't want it"....I think that's how it went down in About Last Night. That line rings in my head somedays....for different reasons.

    You need to do like a Jepoardy sort of thing I'm tellin ya.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Firestarter5 said…

    Only line I remember from a movie is the butch chick in Aliens (Part 2) where she yells: LET'S ROCK and just starts firing off her big ass gun at the aliens.

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    I've never seen Aliens part 1 - ?

    I've never seen Pulp Fiction, or Predator anything, Never saw Terminator movies, haven't seen any of Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead (those Q. Tarintino movies) Never saw a Star Wars or Star Trek movie...let's see what else.....

    ahh well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home